The Ombudsman Services of San Mateo County offer workshops and informational seminars to help families and caregivers be better advocates for their loved ones in long term care facilities. These education opportunities are free and open to the public.
We offer a broad range of topics some of which are listed below:
- Long Term Care Options
- The role of the ombudsman
- Transitioning a loved one to a facility
- Transitioning a loved one back home
- The changing role of the caregiver when moving to long-term care
- Your Loved One’s Rights in Long Term Care
- Family Meetings
- Understanding the caregivers role for clients with Alzheimer’s/Dementia
- Elder Abuse — recognizing, reporting, preventing
Who Should Attend
- Family members and friends of those living in long term care facilities
- Caregivers and Care Partners
- Community members who may have concerns about their neighbors, congregation members, etc.
- General public or anyone who would like to learn more
Request a Seminar or Workshop
If you are interested in hosting a community workshop, please feel free to contact us.