The Ombudsman Services of San Mateo County offers training and in-services for long term care facilities. If you are a care professional or administrator and are interested in having a certified Regional Ombudsman provide a training or in-service for you and your staff, please contact us. These opportunities are provided at no cost to the facility.
We offer topics in:
- Residents’ Rights
- Diet and Nutrition
- Managing Behaviors
- Medication Management
- Elder Abuse, recognizing, reporting, prevention
- End-of-life Care
- Family Caregiving
- Dealing with family conflict
- Culture change — changing the environment of the nursing home
Additional topics are available and can be coordinated specific to your facility. In-services and trainings are provided at no charge.
Who Should Attend:
- Long term care administrators
- Directors and managers
- Direct care staff including: nurses, social workers, activity professionals
- In-direct care staff including: kitchen staff, maintenance staff
Upcoming Training Opportunities:
Coming Soon! Please check back for upcoming opportunities in your area.
Request a Seminar or Workshop
If you are interested in hosting a training, please feel free to contact us.